Author Interview with Daniel Lajčin
Author of the book: "Coping with Demanding Situations and Assessing Managerial Competencies in the Context of Managerial Work"
1. Please introduce yourself. What would you like your reader to know about you?
I am a professor, academician, and entrepreneur, dedicating my working life to different areas of management and business. I am an owner of a company in Germany, one in Hungary, and a few companies in Slovakia, DTI private university being one of them.
2. What is your inspiration/motivation for writing?
What inspires me is my own family, who deserves to have a reliable father and husband, and also quality education, which we strive to provide in DTI.
3. How long did it take to complete your research from the idea to the book?
The publication was an ongoing, lengthy process. Both the theory and the research were compiled over several years, based on our (mine and my colleagues') practical academic experience.
4. What's the main message and idea of "Coping with Demanding Situations and Assessing Managerial Competencies in the Context of Managerial Work"?
The main point of the book is to bring the attention of managers to the need for enhancement of their soft skills in order to cope with stressful events better or more efficiently. The presented tools can help them to do so, either in their case or in the case of their subordinates.
5. What was the most unexpected conclusion you came up with while preparing "Coping with Demanding Situations and Assessing Managerial Competencies in the Context of Managerial Work"?
The proposal and verification of the coping methodologies bring me to the conclusion that coping strategies need to be studied from many different perspectives. Theory provides two-fold, three-fold, x-fold categorizations of coping strategies, here we add the situational context, which makes our results stand out. They were not fully unexpected but I am still glad the situational approach to coping is accentuated in this way.
6. How would you describe your publishing experience with Eliva Press in a few words?
Publishing with Eliva Press was absolutely delightful. The publisher fully supports the needs of authors, cooperates in all ways possible, and helps the final work shine.
Purchase Author's book here: Amazon